Monday, February 5, 2018

Formula One Grid Girls

     I have known about things like this, like ring girls, but I have never heard of grid girls before reading this article. After reading this article, it changed my perspective on those types of jobs. I realized that it does not make a woman's image look very good, so I believe that it is a good idea that they have decided to stop doing it. A grid girl has been used to be dressed in a uniform, stand in front the drivers' cars before the race, and hold up their number. They also would stand by the winner at the end of the race. This has been going on for a very long time and is considered a tradition, but I believe that it is a good idea that they have decided to stop doing it.


     There are quite a few shoes that I could put myself into. After putting myself in the grid girls' shoes, I would feel very conflicted because first of all, I probably chose to have that job, and I probably like it. It would be very hard to understand why they made the decision to end it, but eventually, I think I could try to understand. Putting myself into the racers' shoes, I would be upset, because the racers probably like it. Lastly, putting myself in the shoes of the ones who made the decision to end grid girls, I would be proud, because it is helping the image of women.

1 comment:

  1. Those are some very good perspectives from the different groups.

    ReplyDelete