Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Sociological Mindfulness/Imagination

After watching the Ted video, I was very deep in thought. The speaker in that video made some great points that I never even would of thought of if I hadn't watched it. Towards the beginning of the video, I was really confused and had a hard time getting a grasp on what the speaker was saying, but as the video went on, it started to make more sense. He went really deep into perspective, which made me think a lot. The most interesting point he made in my opinion is when he was talking about being an Arab Muslim. When he started to talk about how maybe before those two guys were killed, they could of told their kids that they will be back soon, and that they love them, because they could just be fighting for their country. It just really hit me when he said that, because that is a way that I never could of seen that, so I found it very interesting how he said that. There are many times in my life where I have been sociologically mindful, like just by doing little things like when I see people who are superior to someone, and being very rude towards them, I have stepped in and stopped it before. When I walk by someone and see that they are getting bullied, I am not the type of person to just stand there and watch it, I need to say something. Lastly, I see myself fitting into the big picture of society because I believe that I am someone you are able to look up to. I am a very willing and generous person. Whenever someone asks me for help, or for a favor, I am almost always willing to do it, and I am very generous because I am always willing to share what I have. Knowing that I have been a kind person my whole life makes me satisfied and believe that I fit into the big picture of society.

1 comment:

  1. Kindness goes along ways, and you are off to a great start and understanding of where you fit in.

    ReplyDelete